Marriage Licenses and Related

Couples must apply for a marriage license at least 24 hours in advance of the ceremony. 

Both parties of the marriage must come in person to the office and both MUST have specific forms of identity and age as prescribed by New York State.

Most common forms of identity are your passport OR driver’s license AND your birth certificate. A passport and a driver’s license do not take the place of your birth certificate.  Birth certificates must be original or a government issued certified copy.  If you do not have a birth certificate, please call our office and we can discuss other options.

If either party has been married previously, we will need to see proof of the dissolution of that marriage(s) such as a divorce decree or death certificate.

Here is a list of Officiants for your convenience. NYS has also instituted a One Day Officiant license.

We also issue Domestic Partnerships and provide Certified Transcripts of your marriage record if it was issued from our office.